Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First day down! So far the process seems pretty straight forward, get tons of fiber into your meals. I spent a bit of time last night doing food prep for today making sure I had lunch and a mid morning & late afternoon snack ready.

Breakfast was easy (for the first time in a long time) 1 cup of Kashi GoLean, 3/4 cup of berries (Blue,Black and Ras) and 1/2 cup of 2% total calories = 337

Lunch is Brocolli salad (Brocolli, Chick peas, red pepper a little crumbled parm with a plain 0 fat yogurt (Greek Gods) , lemon and taragon dressing. I am also adding a 3 oz portion of steak to all those veggies. Total calories = 245 (edit: I choose not to eat the meat and it was a good choice still have tons of energy)

The snack is pretty simple I took a 1/4 cup of no fat refried beans mixed it with a 1/4 cup diced red onion, 1/8 sliced olives and a tabelspoon of salsa with 2oz of Multigrain "Food Should Taste Good" chips. I'll split this between morning and afternoon total calories = 320.

Going at this pace I should be hovering around 1500 - 1600  more like 1300-1500 calories a day.

Keep Moving Forward...

Mike

No comments: