Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Planning is the Key

Two days down!

I made a menu/recipe book that I can keep in my kitchen to better plan out my meals. I am finding myself thinking about food the way you should think about a household budget, plan, measure out and balance.

What this all = is me thinking about my food rather than just mindlessly eating, grabbing the quick fix/meal. Now I have to plan ahead, gather my resources (shopping) and prepare it. This all eats up time but it also means I am engaged in the process rather than just being a consumer of food.

So the menu for the day,

Breakfast - Kashi GoLean 3/4 cup, 1 small banana and 1/2 cup 2% milk = 330 calories.

Snack (if I'm hungry) - 1oz Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips and 1 serving of The Zesty Bean Dip (see The Full Plate Diet for the recipe) = 210 calories (my choice of chip bumps the traditional recipe by 20 calories)

Lunch - Mediterranean  wrap (LaTortilla Factory EVOO Whole Grain soft wrap, 2tbs of plain hummus, 3oz broccoli, 1/2 cup of diced cucumber, 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/8 cup chickpeas, 1/8 cup Greek Gods plain yogurt, 1/2tbs lemon juice and 1tsp pepper) = 290 calories

Snack - Pink Lady Apple = 130 calories

Dinner - Sesame Noodle Salad (see The Full Plate Diet for the recipe) = 340 calories.

Thats it for now.

Keep moving Forward,

Mike

No comments: