Thursday, July 19, 2012

Caffeine a-go-go

So blah. So I went cold turkey on no caffeine (iced tea and Earl Grey for the mornings), trying to set the slate clear and I had already removed all of the diet pop, sugar free candies and other sugar free junk food from my diet 3 weeks before and that part was easy. Caffeine, not so much.

Headaches not so good, third day now, so instead I am lowering my tea intake to my morning cup of Earl Grey and see if that takes the edge off.

Now the good news, I know it has only been three days since I began the new diet but as I had said above I was already removing the sugar free crap a few weeks ago and I finally got the courage to step on the scale last night (three weeks since I got the 440 news). 428lbs. How is that good news you ask? 428 is south of 440 and anything moving south is good news for me :) I'll weigh in on Sundays from now on but I had to set my mark and start tracking this honestly.

Menu for the day.

Breakfast - Kashi GoLean 3/4 cup, 1 small banana and 1/2 cup 2% milk = 330 calories.

Snack - Pink Lady Apple 130 calories

Lunch - Vegetarian Torta 5" baguette (with the bread scooped out leaving just the crust) 1/2 a medium avacado, 1/3 of an English cucumber (seeded), dozen grape tomatoes, 1/4 sliced onion, 1/4 cup red bell pepper, 2 pepperocini (the veggies are tossed with yogurt dressing 1.8 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt, 1tsp lemon juice, 1tbs rice wine vinegar, 1tsp pepper, 1tsp minced garlic) calories = 354

Snack (if I'm hungry) - 1oz Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips and 1 serving of The Zesty Bean Dip (see The Full Plate Diet for the recipe) = 210 calories (my choice of chip bumps the traditional recipe by 20 calories)

Dinner - Baked Sweet Potato with warm Black Bean salad (see The Full Plate Diet for recipe), Greek cucumber salad (left over from the veggie torta at lunch) = 373 calories.

More later today (so long as my cuppa keeps the headache at bay, so far so good).

No comments: