Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Time

My weekend was consumed by guests and activities that kept me on the go, only now that it is Tuesday do I feel like I've caught my breath.

The weekend went well, even though I BBQ'd for everyone on Saturday I was still able to hit my goals of my diet that day and one of the easiest ways to do that? I didn't BBQ hungry, instead I made sure I had eaten an excellent lunch and a filling snack so I wasn't revenous by the time I had meat on the grill. Instead I satisfied my self with a single kosher hot dog, and a great cucumber salad.

Sunday rolled around and my parents wanted to get together, they've moved to the sticks so it isn't as convienent to meet up, since they were in town. This meant going out to eat, I tried to pick a place I was familiar with knowing the menu and feeling confident that I could order and still stay on track. Instead my mom was concerned about having shade for their car as she had her baby with her (baby in this sense is her dog Mercy who is great but yeesh she goes everywhere my mom and dad go) . So instead we ended up at a Mexican food restraunt (I love the tex-mex) but that presents all kinds of conflict for me. Free bowls of chips, free salsa, wonderful grilled everything slapped between tortillas and fried with... ok you get the idea this was exactly not the first dining out experience on my new diet I wanted to go toe-to-toe with.

I'll claim success I ordered vegatarian fajitas with black beans, I choose corn vs. flour tortillas and I only ate about 2/3 of my meal before I called it quits. I took my time, listened to my body and stopped when I was full. I also portioned out 10 chips on a little plate in front of me and then turned my back on the baskets of chips :) in my previous incarnation I would have wiped out a basket of chips and part of a second basket (with my sons help but seriously way to much) before dinner arrived. Instead I drank a full glass of water before I ate chips, had a second glass before dinner arrived ad part of a glass during dinner. All in all a decent strategy.

Sunday weigh in? I've lost about another 2 pounds since my mid week weigh in last week. I'd call that progress.

Yesterday was a crazy day at work, but I made a point of turning off my monitor and paying attention to my meal at lunch rather than working or reading while I ate.

I have been working the breakfast menu around to try and include more than just Kashi GoLean and some fruit, or a Double fiber muffin with peanut butter and a small banana on it. So tonight I am going to make some polenta rounds and try the Polenta scramble recipie out at the Full Plate Diet website.

I'm having the Seaseme Noodle salad for lunch with grilled veggies and I think I am going to go all summer tonight and make a toasted vegitarian sandwhich. Toast 2 Oroweat Double Fiber slices of bread, layer 1/2 avacado (smashed into a paste to spread on the bread). 1/2 cup fresh spinich, 1/2 cup romaine, 1/2 medium roma tomato, 1/3 english cucumber sliced, bean sprouts, 1/4 cup sliced red onion and 3 pepperocini sliced, drained but leave the seeds. I add a bit of dijon mustard to top it off and this looks great. For a change up add a slice of thin cut turkey if you want some extra protien. Calories w/out the turkey about 315.

No comments: