Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Variety

Variety they say is the spice of life... I tend to agree. It is to easy to fall into a rut when you are focused on a new way of doing things (like this diet) so I am spending more time, planning, thinking about and preparing my meals.

I have decided that I am fat because I am lazy. I am always looking for the shortcut, the easy path, the one that offers least resistance. The problem is that path is boring, full of ruts and leads to a dead end. So I am taking the path less traveled, for me at least, and committing to long hike this will be.

When I was healthy enough to hike, I would spend days planning the next trip, checking elevation, distance, points to place caches (or meet up with resupply), places to rest, camp and finally the end point my goal. I would prepare myself, check my gear over and over, repair or replace items as needed, load and unload my pack and get the best load out. I did this all so my time on the trail wasn't consumed by wondering where I would find a spot to stop for the night, or sitting by the side of the trail mending a broken pack or boot. I did all this so I could enjoy myself and the hike.

So, enough rambling, if I can be that committed to a hike I figure the least I can do is be that committed to my health, my life.

Todays food choices:

Breakfast - Oroweat Double Fiber English Muffin, with peanut butter (still need to make my own) and a small banana sliced up.

Snack - Celery stalks with a tbs of penaut butter (all hail the peanut)

Lunch - Repeat of yesterday Sesame Noodle salad, with an asian inspired cucmber salad (1/3 english cucmber sliced, 1 carrot sliced, 1/4 cup of red bell pepper slices, 1tbs rice wine vinegar, 1tbs sesame oil, 1tsp fresh ginger (grated) and 1/2 crushed red pepper flakes. the noodle salad recipie is out at The Full Plate Diet (TFPD) website.

Snack - 1 pear, sliced.

Dinner - Tofu, peanut and green bean stir fry, also a recipie from TFPD.

Note: from here on out I will refer to The Full Plate Diet as TFPD I am getting tired of writing it all the time :) (and yes I know it's lazy)

No comments: