Thursday, August 16, 2012

Anniversay

Anniversary today. Married 25 years ago to the love of my life. That 25 years brought us two great kids, a ton of good times and some bad times (it wouldn't be life without both) but overall it's been a great 25 years.

Of all the things I love about my wife it is her patience with me as it pertains to my weight loss, she has never criticized nor made me feel less for the weight I carry. Her quite encouragement and willingness to listen to me wax poetic about my efforts to drop the weight forever has provided me with the impetus to "Keep Moving Forward".

Tonight we are going out to enjoy some quiet time without the kids and just relax in each others company.

With that in mind you wouldn't believe how much thought and preparation I put into choosing our restaurant for the night. It had to be a great place she would enjoy but it also had to be a place I could get a handle on what the menu had to offer and the nutritional info that they posted. Here is a word to the wise for restaurants in general, menu's are great but in our new health conscious world it might be smart to post your nutritional data for those menu items. I ended up choosing a place I where I could find posted nutritional info and the rest will just have to wait.

I found a place where I can get a good healthy meal (although I have a feeling it will involve me bringing leftovers home) and stay true to my diet.

So here is my menu for today:

Breakfast - Oatmeal with fruit and a bit of 2% Calories 290, Fiber 5g

Snack - 1 cup of Cherries, Calories 74, Fiber 2.5

Lunch - Veggies and Turkey on Dave's Killer 21 Whole Grain Bread and a cup of Cherries, (This is essentially my Bag Lunch but without the avocado as I didn't have one ripe enough to cream up today, and my cherries were at their end eat em today or toss them) Calories  394, Fiber 13g

Snack - 1 medium carrot - Calories 35, Fiber 2

Dinner - Grilled Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos from BJ's Restaurant Calories 775, Fiber 11.5g and Sat Fat (because I didn't make it) 6g

Total (if I eat everything which I won't for dinner)

Calories = 1598
Fiber = 34g (not optimal but I'll figure it out)

No comments: