Thursday, August 2, 2012

Accountability, public and private :)

So I shared with my family a few weeks back my new direction and what it means to me. At first it was just so they could understand why Sunday morning breakfasts (which I always prepared for the family) was going to be significantly different moving forward. With Atkins it was all to easy to plan a big breakfast (so long as it wasn't waffles, french toast or pancakes) I'd make a frittata, omelette's, scrambled eggs, eggs over (what ever you wanted) and more eggs. I would include, breakfast sausage, bacon or whatever was available. It was easy (more or less) and I felt like I was "providing" for the family. In reality I was feeding them what I was eating, and now I think, not such a healthy solution for them.

Back to the accountability thing, I shared with my family, co-workers (who honestly see me more than my family does) and friends what my direction looks like, my goals and the one big goal I have set. We do a yearly walking, running, moving contest centered around creating teams who can log the most distance traveled. Everyone gets pedometers and it is a month of tracking. I've skipped out every year because walking hurts when you weight as much as I do. So my goal is by next July I will be on a team, contributing to a goal. No quitting, complaining or dodging.

I have a few friends I check in with a few times a week, letting them know how I'm doing also so I have group and individual accountability and encouragement.

I haven't been accountable to anyone in a long time, maybe its time I was :)

Menu:

Breakfast - Kashi GoLean, 1 small banana, 1/2 cup of 2% milk Calories 345, Fiber 7g

Snack - 3 stalks of celery, 2tbs Peanut butter and 1/8 cup raisins (yes Ants on a Log) Calories 292 ,Fiber 6g

Lunch - Mikes Bag Lunch (this will be a regular so I named it) 2 slices of Daves Killer Bread 21 Grain, half a medium avacado, 1/3 english cucumber sliced and slice of thin cut deli ham. Calories 460, Fiber 14g

Snack - Red Cherries- Calories 104, Fiber 3.5g


Dinner - Asparagus Szcheuan Stir Fry - 1 cup asparagus, 2 cups brocolli, 1 cup snow peas, 1 cup celery chopped, 1 cup bok choy,  2tbs soy sauce, 2tbs mirin, 2 tbs sesame oil, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1tbs peanut butter and 1tbs red pepper flakes. Serves 2 Calories 231, Fiber 12.5

Total:
Calories = 1432
Fiber = 43g

No comments: