Friday, August 3, 2012

Nearly Vegitarian

Nearly vegitarian, that is how I am describing my diet to my friends. I say nearly because the decision isn't based on some philisophical decision, or moral objection but purely as a way to "control" the pace of my weight loss. Less meat = a more consistent loss of weight.

Nearly vegitarian because when I make a sandwich I occasionally add a few very thin slices of ham or turkey. I'll be manning the BBQ this weekend for my family who has been begging for BBQ chicken, will I partake? Yes. Will it be what I used to do (overeat)? No. I'll have one chicken breast grilled no sauce just seasoning, grilled polenta and veggies to round out the plate. I may swap the polenta and just go with grilled fresh corn on the cob.

Any way you look at it I still love meat, I just understand that to get healthy meat needs to be the side dish, not the main course. So that is what I mean be nearly vegitarian :)

Menu for today:

Breakfast - Kashi GoLean, 1 small banana, 1/2 cup of 2% milk Calories 345, Fiber 7g

Snack - Ants on a Log (I went slimmer today less peanut butter) 4 Stalks of celery, 1tbs of peanut butter and 1/4 cup of raisins. Calories 180, Fiber 4.5g

Lunch - TFPD's Sesame Noodle Salad 1cup of cherries and 1oz (about 10 chips) of Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips Calories 554, Fiber 15g

Snack - One Orange Calories 62, Fiber 3g

Dinner - TFPD's Half Hour Chili on a medium baked potato Calories 378, Fiber 17g

Total:
Calories = 1519
Fiber = 46.5


edit: I added baked potato to the dinner chili

No comments: