Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crazy days...

Spent much of my time at work today in a meeting, preparing for a meeting or preparing for the aftermath of a meeting :) I hate it when I'm at work and no work gets done. :P

Left work early... to go get my quarterly cleaning at the dentist. Run, run and run :P

I also started a new routine today to get some exercise often and always. I've been taking the stairs to get to the third floor when I come in each day. It was at first just to the second floor and then take the elevator. Now I go all the way and hit my desk out of breath but happy. I've also set the alarm on my tablet to go off every hour while I am at work. I call it the walk timer. When it goes off I get up. and take a fast (3.5, 4 mph) walk around the third floor. It takes me about 2.5 minutes and then I plop down and go back to work.

I just requested a sit/stand station for my cubical with the hope to work my way up to standing half my day while I work (you burn more calories standing than sitting) all in all I'm just trying to ramp up the go.

Got home and decided to weigh in a day early. 410 lbs. Down from 440 lbs I weighed back at the beginning of July. Some of that weight (about a third) I credit to my complete cold turkey on no more diet soda (about 40oz of Diet Mt. Dew a day) or diet candy no more sugar free, unnatural anything. The rest, just good old fashioned calories in vs. exercise out. According to my BMI and calories gadgets I am burning about 5500 - 6500 calories a day while only taking in about 1400 to 1600.

The cool part to all this is I am not hungry. Ever. Normally dieting = being hungry, sacrifice and lots of crappy diet substitute foods. Instead the majority of what I eat is just plain old natural foods and being satisfied when I'm done. Is there sacrifice? Yes. When i went out to dinner for my anniversary rather than getting a patty melt and fries, I had a mahi mahi fish taco, a salad and a few cheese sticks (a small rich item), Was I unhappy with the choice? No. It wasn't diet food by any means, it was just healthy food and a better choice.

So here are some good choices I made today :)

Menu:

Breakfast - Kashi GoLean All Natural Hearty Cinnamon and Honey hot cereal, half a cup of 2% milk and a small banana. Calories 344, Fiber 7g

Snack - 1 cup of European grapes (green and black) Calories 182, Fiber 2.5

Lunch - Chili Torta (one cup of vegetarian chili, 1/4 cup of no-fat re fried beans, 1/4 cup minced red onion and a 1/4 of a french baguette, about 5") Cut the baguette and gut it (remove most of the soft inner bread) and then fill it with the other ingredients. Calories 397, Fiber 15g

Snack - none was at the dentist :P

Dinner - Zucchini Pizza - (1 small zucchini split and cored and mince the core, 1/2 cup of grape tomato's, 1/3 cup of mozzarella diced, 2tsp of olive oil and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar) marinade the tomato's, zucchini core and mozzarella in 1 tsp of olive oil and vinegar. brush the other olive oil on the zucchini halve and broil the zucchini under 500 degree heat until browned and a bit crispy. Then top with mixture and place under broiler again until it is all melty goodness. Calories 266, Fiber 3.9

Snack - Pink Lady Apple Calories 62, Fiber 4

Total:
Calories = 1189
Fiber = 32

No comments: