Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stress = Meh

Had a stress day yesterday, everything just seemed to pile on leaving me feel run down and with a huge headache. So I took the day off, no work, no computer just a bit of quiet time. I'm feeling better.

Stress has always been a trigger for me to "comfort food" over eat. Although I had more calories than my average of 1400 to 1500 a day (I added up my daily total intake and 2315 isn't horrible but it sure was a lot more than I wanted to see) they were at least healthy choice calories. High fiber bread, bananas, apple, veggie soup (leftover from dinner the night before) peanuts and raisins. So not a complete fail but I am still turned to food for comfort and not just hunger. That needs to stop.

Today although not stress free is at least headache free and so hi-ho hi-ho its back to work I go :P I've got a ton of video edits to complete before the week is out and taking yesterday off isn't making it any easier.

Here is my menu for today:

Breakfast - Kashi GoLean, 1 small banana, 1/2 cup of 2% milk Calories 345, Fiber 7g

Snack - 1 medium pear Calories , Fiber 5g

Lunch - Mikes Bag Lunch (this will be a regular so I named it) 2 slices of Daves Killer Bread 21 Grain, half a medium avacado, 1/3 english cucumber sliced and slice of thin cut deli ham. Calories 460, Fiber 14g

Snack - Pink Lady Apple- Calories 100, Fiber 4g

Dinner - Left over Spicy Veggie soup Calories 253, Fiber 10g

Total
Calories = 1268
Fiber = 40g

No comments: